Friday, October 10, 2014

My Sister's Sweet 16, Quinceañera style!


September 6th was my sister Amie’s Sweet 16! Although it was her Sweet 16, we celebrated it as a Quinceañera. A Quinceañera is a coming of age party thrown when a girl turns 15 and is celebrated in many latin american cultures. If you would like to learn more about this tradition click here. (I already wrote a more indepth post a while back)

    The whole celebration was wonderful, from the religious ceremony to the celebration afterwards. We had wanted to throw my sister a big Quinceanera last year when she turned 15 but did not have the means. That is why this year she got a Quince/Sweet 16 because she turned 16… LOL.





    El 6 de septiembre fue el 16 dulce ¡de mi hermanita Amie! Aun Que cumpleo 16, lo celebramos como una Quinceañera. Una Quinceañera es una fiesta que celebra cuando una niña cumple 15 y es celebrada en muchas culturas de latinoamérica. Si quieres aprender más sobre esta tradición hace click aqui. (ya escribí un post sobre esto)

    Toda la celebracion fue maravillosa, desde la ceremonia religiosa hasta la celebracion despues. El otro año cuando cumpleo 15, queríamos darle a mi hermana una Quinceañera grande pero no pudimos. Por esta razón este año tuvo un quince/dulce 16 porque cumpleo 16… LOL.

   
6:00AM
    Our day started early with makeup and hair. My sister got spoiled! Her makeup and hair were done by a makeup artist. We wanted her to have a more natural makeup look, I think it turned out great. She looked beautiful!

Nuestro día empezó temprano con maquillaje y el peinado. ¡Mi hermanita fue mimada! Su peinado y maquillaje fue hecho por una artista de maquillaje. Queríamos que ella tuviera maquillaje más natural, creo que salió muy bien. ¡Se miraba hermosa!


    8:30AM
    The photographer arrived and took pictures of my sister and the family at our home.

    La fotógrafa llego y tomo fotos de mi hermana y la familia en nuestra casa.

Outside the church!
    9:30AM
    My sister arrived at the church for the Quinceañera ceremony.

    Mi hermana llegó a la iglesia para la ceremonia de Quinceañera.

    10:00AM
    The religious ceremony began! Everyone seemed to get there a few minutes late but although they trickled in, they filled up the church!

    ¡La ceremonia religiosa empezó! ¡Casi todos llegaron tarde pero, todos modos se llenó la iglesia!



    11:00AM
    The church ceremony ended and my sister Amie greeted everyone at the bottom of the church steps. Then she headed off to the park to get more pictures taken. My sister Emily and I sneaked off to get a bite to eat at subway and then we went back home so I could change my dress. Meanwhile my parents arrived at the venue and began setting everything up.

    La ceremonia religiosa termino y mi hermana Amie saludo a todos a bajo de las escaleras de la iglesia. Después se fue al parque para que le tomaran mas fotos. Mi hermana Emily y yo nos fuimos para desayunar en subway, de escondidas, y luego a la casa para que me cambiara mi vestido. Mientras mis padres llegaron al restaurante y empezaron a arreglar todo.




    12:00-3:00PM
    My sister Emily and I arrived at the restaurant. Basically more decorating, preparing everything for the party and waiting…

    Mi hermana Emily y yo llegamos al restaurante. Basicamente mas decoración, preparamos todo para la fiesta y esperamos...
   
    3:00PM
    Finally the party began! Guests began to arrive and were served sopes and pollo a la carmelita.

    ¡Finalmente empezó la fiesta! Los invitados empezaron a llegar y servimos sopes y pollo a la carmelita.




    5:00PM
    Time for the vals! My sister Amie performed a traditional Mexican Zapateado with my sister Emily’s friend Ismael. He also choreographed the whole thing! Ismael’s little sister and cousin also performed.
My sister Amie did an amazing job and everyone loved the performances.    

    ¡Tiempo para el vals! Mi hermana Amie bailo un baile mexicano tradicional, el Zapateado, con Ismael, el amigo de mi hermana Emily. ¡El también coreógrafo todo! La hermana y el primo de Ismael también bailaron. Mi hermana Amie hizo un trabajo excepcional y a todos les encanto el baile.




ME! In the Navy Dress!

6:00-11:00PM
Dance time! Everyone hit the dance floor, especially when the banda arrived, surprising everyone! There was also plenty of candy at the snack bar, fruit, salad, ceviche and nachos. Towards the end of the party there was even Karaoke!  My uncle sang the classic song Hermoso Carino and dedicated it to my sister Amie. I was so jealous! I wish he had dedicate me a song at my Quinceañera!


    ¡Hora del baile! Todos estaban en la pista del baile, especialmente cuando la banda llegó, ¡sorprendiendo a todos! Tambien habia muchos dulces en el “snack bar,” fruta, ensalada, ceviche y nachos. Cercas del final de la fiesta hasta hubo ¡karaoke! Mi tio cantó la canción clásica Hermoso Carino y se la dedico a mi hermanita Amie. ¡Estuve tan cellosa! ¡Yo quisiera que me hubiera dedicado una canción en mi Quinceañera!

What do you think about Quinceañeras? ¿Que piensas sobre Quinceañeras?

Thank you for reading and; commenting! ¡Gracias por leer y comentar!

Sincerly,
Perla Sanchez

~Let’s be friends and follow each other? ¿Hay que ser amigas y seguirnos?~



YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment