Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Foundation Brushes Then & Now

Here are the four different makeup tools I have used to apply foundation.



 Hello! I hope you have all had a great weekend. Today’s post is about the foundation brushes I used to use and what the makeup tools I use now. I started using foundation sophomore year of high school and since then I have gone through a few different makeup brushes, and I bet I will go through more still! They include MAC 190 Flat Brush, EcoTools Stippling Brush, Real Techniques Expert Face brush and a Image Essentials Triangle Sponge.

¡Hola! Ojala han tenido un fin de semana maravilloso. El post de hoy es sobre los pinceles de maquillaje que usaba antes y los que uso ahora. Empecé a usar base en la preparatoria y desde entonces he usado muchos pinceles de maquillaje diferentes, ¡de seguro iré usando mas todavia! Estos pinceles de maquillaje incluyen Mac 190 Flat Brush, EcoTools Stippling Brush, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush y Image Essentials Triangle Sponge.

Mac 190 | Flat Foundation Brush 2007-2010
$34.00


The Mac 190 foundation brush was my first ever makeup brush! I bought it in high school and used it into college. It was very much loved and has endured through the years. Mac brushes are great quality and if you take care of them right, can last forever. What I liked about this brush was how easy it is to use. You just apply your foundation to your face, or the brush, and brush it on! The problem with these kind of foundation brushes though are they can leave streaks if you aren’t careful. I also feel like I can’t blend my foundation and “push it” into my skin as much as I would like, in order to get a flawless finish. I recommend this brush to you if you like to put on foundation fast and want light to medium coverage. As for Mac brushes in general, they are amazing!

El Mac 190 pincel de base ¡fue mi primer pincel de maquillaje! Lo compre el la preparatoria y lo use hasta en la universidad. Fue un pincel muy querido y ha durado tras los años. Pinceles de Mac son de gran calidad y si los cuidas bien, pueden durar para siempre. Lo que me gustaba de este pincel, era que facil es para usar. Solo aplicas tu base a la cara o el pincel ¡y te lo pintas! El problema con este tipo de pincel es que si no tienes cuidado, pude dejar marcas de base. También siento que no puedo “empujar” me base en mi piel tanto como gustaria para tener un efecto perfecto. Yo recomiendo este pincel is te gusta poner tu base rapido y tener cobertura ligero a mediano. Y pinceles de MAC en general ¡son maravillosos!

EcoTools | Stippling Brush 2010-2014
$14.99 (it came in a set)



I bought the EcoTools Stippling Brush back in college when I began to experiment more with my makeup. This brush is affordable, environmentally friendly, great for applying makeup and blending. It was part of the Alicia Silverstone Collection so it is sadly not available anymore. This is too bad because it is one of my favorite foundation brushes. You will have to apply your foundation with your hands, when using this brush, but I don’t think this is a big deal. I recommend this brush if you want something that allows for more blending with medium coverage. I love Ecotools brushes, they make up the majority of my collection. They are great quality, as good as MAC, last a long time, are affordable and bonus, are made of recycled materials!

Compre el EcoTools Stippling Brush en la universidad cuando empecé a experimentar con mi maquillaje más. Es un pincel económico, bueno para el medio ambiente, para aplicar maquillaje y mezclar. Era parte de la colección Alicia Silverstone y lamentablemente, ya no esta a la venta. Esto es desagradable porque era uno de mis pinceles favoritos para aplicar mi base. Cuando usas este pincel tendrás que aplicar tu base con tus manos, pero no es tan importante. Yo recomiendo este pincel si quieres algo que te deje mezclar más y tener cobertura mediana. Yo amo pinceles de EcoTools, ellos son la mayoría de mi colección. Son de gran calidad como MAC, y duran mucho tiempo, son economicos ¡y hechos de materiales reciclados!

Real Techniques | Expert Face Brush 2014-2015
$6.00-8.00


In the past year I began to branch out from my favorite makeup brush brand, EcoTools, and bought a few Real Techniques brushes. I became so impressed by these that I now have a small Real Techniques brush collection. What I loved about this brush was the density, it is a dense brush especially when compared to the EcoTools Stippling brush. This allows for better, more precise coverage. It also made blending and “pushing in” my foundation easier. I really like using this brush when I notice an area on my face has too much product. I use this brush to even out and spread my makeup so I don’t have product build up in one area. I would recommend this brush to everyone. It is affordable and does a great job of making your makeup look natural because unlike the brushes mentioned above, you can “push” your makeup into your skin with this brush. So it’s not just sitting on top of your skin and noticeable.

El año pasado empecé a tratar diferentes marcas de pinceles que no son mis favoritos, EcoTools, y compre unos de Real Techniques. Me impresionaron mucho y ahora tengo una colección pequeña de pinceles Real Techniques. Lo que me encanto de este pincel fue la densidad, especialmente cuando es comparado al EcoTools Stippling brush. Esta densidad ayuda a obtener mejor cobertura. También ayudó a mezclar y “empujar” mi base mas facil. Me gusta mucho usar este pincel cuando veo que una área tiene mucho producto. Uso este pincel para uniformar mi maquillaje y no tener más base en una área. Yo recomiendo este pincel a todos. Es económico y hace un gran trabajo para que tu base se vea natural y diferente a los pinceles anteriores, si puede “empujar” tu maquilla a tu piel. De esta manera tu base no esta tan notable.

Image Essentials | Triangle Sponge 2014-2015
$2.99 (32)


Finally! This is my present makeup tool for applying foundation and I have to say I love the results I get! Everytime I try to put it down in favor of another method, I still return to this one. I know it is insane! This two dollar sponge has replaced every other brush. What makes this makeup tool so amazing and stand out from the rest is control. You have full control of foundation placement, blending and coverage. I love a full coverage finish but both the Mac 190 and the EcoTools stippling brush couldn’t do this for me in a natural way. With this makeup sponge I get a full coverage finish and it looks natural! I recommend this to anyone who wants more control of their foundation application. Especially if you want a natural full coverage effect. This sponge does all this and blends without sacrificing coverage! Just remember to pat the makeup and push it in with the sponge, not wipe it around your face.

¡Finalmente! Este es mi presente herramienta de maquillaje para aplicar mi base y tengo que decir que ¡amo los resultados que me da! Cada vez que trato de no usarlo, en favor de otro pincel, regreso a este. ¡Se que es locura! Esta esponja de $2 ha reemplazado cada otro pincel. Lo que hace que esta esponja maravillosa y destacarse de los demás es contol. Te da control completo de tu base, de mezclar y cobertura. Me encanta cobertura completa y el MAC 190  y EcoTools stippling brush no podian hacer esto para mi en una manera natural. Con Esta esponja, ¡puedo agarra cobertura completa y se ve natural! Yo recomiendo esta esponja a todos quien quieren más control de la aplicacion de su base. Especialmente si quieres cobertura completa y natural. Esta esponja hace todo esto y mezcla el maquillaje sin quitar cobertura. Solo recuerda de empujar el maquillaje con la esponja, no lo pintes por la cara.


I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation.

In this photo I have applied my Tarte foundation with my makeup sponge.
En este foto aplique mi base de Tarte con mi esponja.

What is your favorite tool or brush for applying foundation?
¿Cual es tu favorita maner de aplicar tu base o que es tu pincel favorito? 

Thank you for reading and commenting! ¡Gracias por leer y comentar!
 
Love,
Perla Sanchez

YouTube Polyvore/ Tumblr/ Instagram/ Pinterest @perlasancheza Twitter If you follow me on twitter, tweet me so I know to follow you back! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment