Tuesday, March 3, 2015

February Favorites & Liebster Awards


I love looking at this picture of some of my favorite things this month!

Hello everyone! And hello March! I'm very happy to start a new month and to share with you my favorite things of February. I have beauty products, clothing, tv shows and moments. Let’s go!



Beauty

Real Techniques Powder Brush

Hands down my favorite Real Techniques makeup brush!

I use the powder brush to apply my powder every morning and touch ups at the end of the day. What I love about this powder brush is the size. It is enormous, which is just what I want in a powder brush. A bigger size means the powder is dispensed more evenly, eliminating a cakey face. That being said, make sure not to get too much powder!

Real Techniques Blush Brush

Another great Real Techniques makeup brush!

Aahhh, the blush brush… This little guy was a spur of the moment purchase, I didn’t think much of him but now I want to get a second blush brush! This brush is perfect, both for applying and blending blush. This is because it is tapered and the bristles get smaller towards the outside. The tapered shape helps to get just the right amount of blush. It also makes it perfect for blending! So many times I want to reach for it to blend not just my blush but my bronzer as well. I think I do need two!

Burts Bees Lip Shines

Have you tried Burt's Bees lip products yet?

If you read my review on polish.tv on the Burt's Bees lip shines, then it is no surprise they are included in this list. I love using them and I am more of a lipstick/lip stain kind of girl! What is so great about them is how moisturizing they are, I don’t have to worry about my lips cracking! Here is a link to my review if you’d like to know more about these lip shines: Burt's Bees Lip Shine Review

L’oreal Manga Mascara

I love this mascara, especially the waterproof version!

I’m not joking when I say this is a long over due favorite! I have featured this mascara in countless videos and it’s time to finally give it some love on my blog. From a girl with tiny lashes I must tell you, this mascara is amazing! I love the effect of big lashes it gives. I can always count on this mascara to open up my eyes and give me longer lashes. If you buy this mascara make sure to get the waterproof version, the original does smudge.

Physicians Formula Nude Bronzer

This is a great bronzer for a natural glow!

Another, well loved makeup item this month, would have to be this nude bronzer. It is very subtle adding a slight warmth to the face. I like to mix all the colors together but sometimes I skip the shimmery shade. And look at the cute bow on it!

Clothing & Accessories

Forever21 Ankle Boots

These boots are made for walkin...

After my combat boots became unwearable this January, I had to go out and buy a new pair. I went to the mall looking for a replacement but left with these cute ankle boots instead. And I can’t stop wearing them! Like combat boots, they are so easy to slip on and get an effortlessly chic vibe.

Target Bag

This bag is perfect for a day out of a formal occasion.

I love this bag! It not only has an adorable bow but the metal detailing is so nice. The best thing about it though? That would have to be that it is a crossbody bag! Crossbody bags are my favorite because they are a no fuss bag. You are hands free and worry free. I can also tuck the strap inside the bag and use it as a clutch.

TV Shows

Reign and Freaks & Geeks

Lord Conde is my new crush on the show!!! <3 br="">

Surprise, surprise! Reign was one of my favorite shows in February. It keeps getting better and better, even when it breaks my heart! I’m really excited for the next episode. Will Lord Conde choose Queen Mary or Queen Elizabeth!

Look at young James Franco!!!

Freaks & Geeks is a show I began and finished in February. This makes me so sad! I can’t believe they only had one season because honestly, even though it is set in the 80’s it is the truest teen tv show, even movie I have ever seen. It just captures adolescence in a nutshell. It is funny, serious and perfect. I mean you get to see young James Franco!!

Moment

From my instagram @perlasancheza

My favorite moment this month was attending my uncles wedding the last day of February. It was amazing, and I don’t mean it the way you might think. What made this wedding amazing was getting to spend time with my family, eating yummy food and dancing! I don’t think I could ask for much more...

Liebster Award!

Last month I was also nominated for the Liebster Award by Nikita Palei and Lana Sultana. I’m really thankful to them both and loved answering their questions! Make sure to check out their blogs:



Questions:
    1.When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog  in 2012 because I really liked reading blogs other girls had and wanted to try it too. Now I love it!
    2.Name your absolute favourite movie? Why do you like it so  much?
    This is such a hard question! I feel like as soon as I have to think about it I forget! I think I have a lot of favorites, one of them would have to be the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy because I watch the whole series every year.
3. What are you most passionate about?
I’m most passionate about photography and making YouTube videos. They are what really drive me to keep going every morning.
4.Mention a few of your guilty pleasures?
I have so many! I love salty Lay’s chips with chile and lemon. Another would be watching chick flicks and cheesy abc Family made for tv movies while eating chinese food.
5. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie? Why?
Once it would have been read a book but lately it would be movies. They just help me unwind after a long day at work.
6.What makes you super duper happy?
Spending alone time and spending time with family.
7. What is your dream career?
I would love to be my own boss and write about my favorite things for a living. This blog is my dream!
8.What people will find you doing in your spare time?
Blogging! Editing pictures and editing videos for my YouTube channel.
9.Top 3 beauty products/makeup item?
My top three beauty products would be vaseline, real technique makeup brushes and the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation.
10. What super power you would like to have?  
It would have to be flight! That way I could travel the world for free!
11.Top five places you want to visit?
I would love to see all of Latin America, Hawaii, Spain, Italy and New Zealand.


Lana Sultana

Questions:
1. What was your first blog post about?
I had to look this up! My first blog post was about the Suave Pro Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo. I didn’t like it but I do love the regular Suave dry Shampoo.
2. How long have you been running your blog?
Oh my! It is going to be four years this year!
3. What is your favourite topic to write about?
I love writing about beauty products but I want to expand my blog to other topics too, we’ll see...
4. Are you comfortable in front of a camera?
Not at all! In my videos I come out very awkward some times but like they say, “practice makes perfect!”
5. What is your go to make-up look?
It is usually very natural, for work I just put my foundation, concealer and some bronzer and I’m out the door. It sounds so easy but it still takes me a long time to get ready!
6. How would you describe your personal style? (i.e. bohemian, classic, grunge, girly etc...)
I think my style is classic and girly. Sometimes it gets a bit grungy though because I do love my combat boots.
7. What is your favourite season?
Summer. No questions about it.
8. What is your favourite movie/tv show/book?
Right now I’m loving Reign but Lost always finds a way to pop into my head. My favorite book changes all the time, I think right now it is The Little Prince! I can’t wait to see the movie with James Franco.
9. Who is your favourite blogger?
I love Allison Anderson, Fleur De Force, Zoella, Tanya Burr and Sprinkle of Glitter.
10. What is your favourite song/band?
My favorite song right now would have to be Nina Amada Mia by Alejandro Fernandez. My favorite bands right now is Mana & Juanes. They change all the time though! Sometimes all I listen to is English music but right now I can’t stop listening to Spanish music!
11. What is something you aspire to do in the future?
I have so many dreams! I don’t know where to begin… I want to travel, write and give back. I want to learn to take better photographs and make better videos and cook and… Omg, the list goes on. Somedays I wake up and I feel like the world is full of endless possibilities! 

What are some of your February favorites?
 
Would you like to follow each other on any or all social media? Let me know on the comments below, I always follow!

Thank you for reading and commenting! ¡Gracias por leer y comentar!
Love,
Perla Sanchez

YouTube Polyvore/ Tumblr/ Instagram/ Pinterest @perlasancheza Twitter If you follow me on twitter, tweet me so I know to follow you back! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment