Tuesday, May 5, 2015

What's In My Makeup Bag? | Arizona

My travel makeup bag.
Hello wonderful readers! If you saw my last post, you know that I was recently lucky enough to visit family in Phoenix, Arizona.  Well in that post you got to see pictures from my trip, including the Grand Canyon. (click here to see my previous post) In this post I’m going to show you what I took in my makeup bag to Phoenix, Arizona. I completely over packed this time! (That’s putting it lightly!) So, I will also show you what I did end up using, what I didn’t and the products I recommend for traveling.

¡Hola maravillosos lectores! Si miraron mi post anterior, ya saben que recientemente tuve la suerte de poder visitar familia en Phoenix, Arizona. Bueno, en ese post pudieron ver fotos de mi viaje, incluyendo el Gran Cañón. (haz click aquí para ver mi post anterior) En este post les voy a mostrar lo que me lleve en mi bolsa de maquillaje para Phoenix, Arizona. ¡Empaque más de lo necesario esta vez! (¡y eso no es una exageración!) También les enseñaré los productos que si use, los que no use y los productos que les recomiendo llevar si van a ir de viaje.

What I took:
Lo que me lleve:
I tried to take the products I use on an everyday basis, plus two eyeshadow palettes.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen! I took all this makeup, on a four day trip… I over packed, but there was reason to my madness. I swear! In my previous post, you saw that my first trip to Arizona was to spend time with family at my cousin Nene’s quinceañera. Because on our first trip to Arizona, we attended a party, I think the mentality of needing a lot of makeup stuck in my head when packing for the second trip. So that is my excuse for over packing!

¡Si, señoras y señores! Empaque todo este maquillaje, para un viaje de cuatro días… Empaque de mas, pero habia razon a esta locura. ¡Se los juro! En mi post anterior, miraron que mi primer viaje a Arizona fue para estar con familia en la quinceañera de mi prima Nene. Porque en ese viaje a Arizona, asistimos una fiesta, esa mentalidad de necesitar mucho maquillaje se quedo en mi cabeza cuando empacaba para nuestro segundo viaje. ¡Esa es mi excusa por empacar de más!

Here is the makeup I took on my trip to Arizona.
 Eye Products: Urban Decay Naked 1, NYX Smokey Fume, Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo Creamy Beige, L’Oreal Manga Mascara, Physicians Formula Canyon Classics, Elf Eyelash Curler, Wet N Wild Ultimate Brow Kit, Wet N Wild Eyebrow Pencil, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Stick. Face Products: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Full Coverage Foundation, Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation, Elf Primer, Airspun Loose Face Powder, Milani Face Powder, Maybelline Master Conceal, Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Skin Moisturizer, Milani Blush Luminoso, NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray. Lip Products: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Romantic, Revlon Colorstay Stain Barcelona Nights, Revlon Lipstick in Rum, Vaseline

What I Used:
Lo que use:
This is the makeup I ended up using on the trip.

The products I actually used were, these! So basically, I only used face makeup. The reasons being the heat and traveling in general. The heat and travel both made my skin feel dry. Especially my eyelids, which are usually oily, felt dry and became sensitive during this trip. Even so, being a makeup addict, I applied eyeshadow on one day and quickly regretted it. My eyes became very itchy and I ended up removing it soon after. The reason I was able to wear face makeup I think, without the same dry/sensitivity problem, was because my moisturizer and primer were moisturizing. I think both my Neutrogena moisturizer and Elf Primer, (which contains vitamin A, C and E) kept my skin in check. Another super hero product was Vaseline! It saved my lips from cracking and my hands too. I’m so thankful I took this product because it gives a more intense moisture to your lips then traditional lip balms.

Los productos que actualmente use, ¡fueron estos! Básicamente, solo use maquillaje de cara. Las razones fueron el calor y viajando en general. El calor y viajando, hicieron mi piel sentir se seca. Especialmente mis párpados, que usualmente están grasoso, se sintieron secos y muy delicados durante este viaje. Aun si, siendo adicta al maquillaje, applique sombras solo un día y de inmediato lo lamente. Mis ojos se hicieron muy irritados y tuve que removerlo poco después. La razón de que pude ponerme maquillaje de cara, sin el mismo problema de piel seca/irritada, fue porque mi crema y primer fueron hidrantes. Creo que mi crema Neutrogena y Elf Pimer, (que contiene vitaminas A, C, y E) mantuvieron mi piel sana. ¡Otro producto superhéroe fue la Vaselina! Salvo mis labios de secarse y mis manos también. Estoy muy agradecida que lleve este producto porque es más hidratante e intenso que los bálsamos labiales tradicionales.
The Neutrogena Moisturizer and the Elf Hydrating Face Primer kept my skin from drying out.

Although I used both of the foundations I packed, my Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous was the winner! I think in the hot climate the liquid formula of the Covergirl foundation was more breathable and provided much needed moisture to my skin then the thicker Tarte foundation.

Aunque use los dos bases de maquillaje que en paque, mi Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous ¡fue el ganador! Creo que el formula líquido del base Covergirl dejo que mi piel respirar y le dio hidratación muy necesitada.

What I Didn’t Use:
Lo que no use:
I didn't end up using most of this makeup!

So these products lucked out… I did use the NYX Smokey Fume Palette, Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo Creamy Beige, Physicians Formula Canyon Classics Palette and my Revlon Lipstick in Rum, once. I didn’t end up using any eyeshadow except for one day on the trip and removed it quickly. My eyes were just too sensitive and irritated from the heat/travel. No eyeshadow = definitely no mascara. I did use my Revlon Lipstick in Rum once but I didn’t need to pack any lip products at all. The only lip product I used on a regular basis was Vaseline.

Estos productos no tuvieron suerte… Si use el paleta de maquillaje NYX Smokey Fume, Maybelline 24hr color Tattoo Creamy Beige, paleta Physicians Formula Canyon Classics y mi Revlon Lipstick en Rum, pero solo una vez. Durante el viaje no use sobras, excepto un día, y me los tuve que quitar no mucho después. Mis ojos estaban muy sensitivos e irritados por el calor/viaje. Ninguna sombra = sin mascara. Si use mi pintalabios de Revlon en Rum, una vez pero no necesitaba haber llevado ningún producto de labio. El único producto de labio que use regularmente fue Vaselina.

Products I Recommend For Travel:
Productos que recomiendo para viajar:
3 Basic Trip Essentials: Cetaphil Lotion, Sunblock, Vaseline & Eye drops

What are the four essential products you need on your travels? Body lotion, sunblock, Vaseline and eye drops. Body lotion, body lotion, body lotion! I can’t even count the number of trips I have forgotten to take this product on. I guess it’s just so second nature to have it, I forget, and regret it. So no matter what climate you're heading to, pack body lotion. Your skin will thank you! You can’t forget sunblock either, funny how I always remember to pack this... This product is essential because your skin already goes through a lot during travel, dry air in airplanes, climate change, let’s not add sunburn to the list! Vaseline is a savior for dry lips and skin. During the day you can use it as a lip moisturizer and at night as a face mask to keep your skin hydrated. If you have sensitive eyes or wear contacts, I have both, eye drops are essential. But even if you don’t, on travels most of us tend to stay up late due to time change or having a good time. Either way, eye drops can keep the whites of your eyes well, white. The last thing you want is to look back at your vacation pics and see you had red eyes!

¿Cuáles son los cuatro productos esenciales que necesitas para tus viajes? Crema, protector solar, Vaselina y gotas para los ojos. ¡Crema, crema, crema! No puedo contar los viajes en que e olvidado este producto. Es segunda naturaleza tener lo, que lo olvidó y lo lamento. No importa a qué clima vas a ir, lleva crema. ¡Tu piel te va agradecer! Tampoco te olvides de llevar un protector solar, es chistoso como siempre me recuerdo de empacar este producto... Este producto es esencial porque tu piel ya tiene que enfrentar mucho durante viajes, aire seco en aeropuerto, cambio de clima, ¡no hay que añadir quemadura de sol a la lista! Vaselina es el salvador para labios secos y piel. Durante el dia lo puedes usar para hidratar tus labios y en la noche como una máscara facial para hidratar tu piel. Si tienes ojos delicados o usas contactos, yo tengo los dos,  gotas para los ojos son esenciales. Pero aun si no los usas, en viajes muchos de nosotros nos quedamos despiertos muy tarde por el cambio de tiempo o para divertirnos. De cualquier manera, gotas de ojos mantienen lo blanco de tus ojos, blanco. Lo último que quieres es ver tus fotos del viaje ¡y notar que tus ojos estan rojos!

What products are essential for your trips? ¿Cuales productos son esenciales para tus viajes?

Thank you for reading and commenting! ¡Gracias por leer y comentar!
Love,
Perla Sanchez

YouTube Polyvore/ Tumblr/ Instagram/ Pinterest @perlasancheza Twitter If you follow me on twitter, tweet me so I know to follow you back! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment