Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Phoenix, Arizona

I love that blue sky!

Hello! I hope you have had a great week. Today’s post is on my trip to Pheonix, I mean Phoenix, Arizona! ( I have misspelled the name so many times...) I have been lucky enough to visit Phoenix, Arizona, twice. We went to visit family last year and this April, so I will include pictures from both trips. Most of the pictures will be from my first trip there because we stayed for a longer period of time and got to see more sites, like the Grand Canyon.

¡Hola! Ojala han tenido una semana maravillosa. El post de hoy es sobre mi viaje a Pheonix, quiero decir ¡Phoenix, Arizona! ( ¡He mal escrito el nombre tantas veces! ) He tenido mucha suerte en poder viajar a Phoenix, Arizona, dos veces. Fuimos a visitar familia el año pasado y este abril, voy a incluir fotos de los dos viajes. Casi todos las fotos van a ser de mi primer viaje porque esa vez nos quedamos por más tiempo y miramos más paisajes, como el Cañón Grande.


The Grand Canyon

Doesn't it appear to go on and on forever?!

I couldn't believe all the wild life on it's rocky cliffs.

What is the first thing you think of when you hear Arizona? The Grand Canyon! Well I got to go see it on my first trip to Arizona. I honestly wasn't too excited to see it... That is, until I saw it! The enormous size of it escaped my imagination. But when you see it before you, your left in awe. Suddenly you understand its reputation. It stretches out before you in every direction, seemingly never ending. The rocks have beautiful colors of red, yellow and brown. Surprisingly, trees and bushes grow everywhere in the Grand Canyon. It's amazing to think that it was carved by the Colorado River!

¿Que es la primera cosa en que piensas cuando oyes Arizona? ¡El Gran Cañón! Tuve la oportunidad de verlo en mi primer viaje a Arizona. En verdad no estaba tan emocionada... Eso es, ¡hasta que lo mire! La enormidad escapo mi imaginación. Pero cuando lo ves enfrente de ti, te deja en asombro. Entonces entendemos su reputación. Se estira ante ti en cada direcion, aparentemente sin acabarse. Las rocas tiene colores bellos de rojo, amarillo y marrón. Me sorprendí,había árboles y arbustos creciendo en el Gran Cañón. ¡Es asombroso pensar que fue tallado por el Río Colorado!

I couldn't help thinking, "what if it is just a painting?"

Right to Left: Aunt Julie, Sister Amie, Me Perla, Cousin Stefanie, Sister Emily

Right to Left: Me, My Mom, Emily, Amie

My cousin Stefanie, wearing the cute hat my sis Emily bought her.

We got the Chance to walk down the Grand Canyon for a bit, in flip flops! We didn’t take the right foot ware and were stared down by a lot of tourist. We didn’t know you could walk down it but now you know… Do not take flip flops! But back to the Grand Canyon, if you have a chance to see it, you must. It is so beautiful and surreal. Even after having been their for an hour, my mind could not grasp what my eyes could see. Sometimes I felt if I stretched my arm out, my hand would hit a painting. (which I did do and thier was no painting.)

Tuvimos la oportunidad de caminar un poco en el Gran Cañón, ¡en chanclas! No llevamos los zapatos que deberíamos haber llevado y muchos turistas nos estaban echando el ojo. No sabíamos que podías caminar en el Cañón, pero ahora tu sabes… ¡No lleves chanclas! Pero patras al Gran Cañón, si tienes la oportunidad de verlo, tienes que it. Es bellisimo y surreal. Esta después de haberlo visto por una hora, mi mente todavía no entendía lo que estaba mirando mis ojos. A veces pensaba que si extendía mi brazo, mi mano pegaria una pintura. (si lo hice y no habia una pintura.)

A Quinceanera

Right to Left: My mom, Emily, Amie, Me and at the bottom my grandpa.

Amie and my cousin Yesenia.

My grandpa dancing with Nene.

We made our first trip to Arizona in order to be with family on the day of my cousin Nene's Quinceañera. A Quinceañera is a special coming of age ceremony celebrated in Mexico and other latin american countries. To learn more about this tradition click here or on the Quinceañera tab. Because of this, my tia’s house was always bustling with excitement. On the day of the Quinceañera, everybody got up early to get ready. All of the women and girls in the family got ready in the same room. I’m not going to lie, it was pretty fun. At the Quinceañera, the weather was so hot because the air conditioning broke but, it was soon fixed. The decorations were so nice! They were purple and teal. Overall, the party was very fun, we danced and kept dancing throughout the night.

Hicimos nuestro primer viaje a Arizona para estar con nuestra familia en el día de la quinceañera de mi prima Nene. Una quinceañera es una celebración especial de edad que se celebra en México y otros países latinoamericanos. Para aprender más sobre esta tradición hace click aquí o en el tab Quinceañera. Por esta razón la casa de mi tía estaba llena de emoción. En el dia de la Quinceañera, todos nos levantamos bien temprano para arreglar nos. Todas las mujeres y ninas de la familia nos arreglamos en el mismo cuarto. No puedo mentir, fue muy divertido. En la Quinceañera el clima estaba bien caliente y el aire acondicionado se quebró, pero fue arreglado. ¡Las decoraciones eran muy bonitas! Eran moradas y verde azulado. La fiesta fue muy divertida, bailamos y seguimos bailando toda la noche. 

My cousin Yesenia and my grandpa. It was her birthday the day after Nene's party.
A family portrait!
The Most Recent Trip

Everyone wanted my uncle Armando to sing!

Picking songs and stealing the microphones!

Our most recent trip was a short four day trip. We stayed at my aunt Yolanda’s house again and spent most of our time their and shopping! At our aunt’s house we did a lot of eating and swimming. At night, there was more eating, drinking and karaoke. It was really fun to watch my grandma, aunts and uncles sing. They would even steal the microphone away from each other! There was also a very cool dance off between two of my uncles. They were throwing out “karate” moves and one of them even dove under some legs! It was such a fun time…

Nuestro viaje más reciente fue un viaje corto de solo cuatro días. Nos quedamos en la casa de mi tía Yolanda y nos pasabamos el tiempo allí y ¡yendo de compras! en la casa de mi tía comimos mucho y también nadamos mucho. En la tarde, comíamos más, tomamos y cantábamos karaoke. Era muy divertido ver mi abuela, tías y tíos cantar. Hasta se robaban el micrófono entre ellos! También hubo una pelea de baile entre dos de mis tios. Se echaban movimientos de “karate” ¡y uno hasta se dejó resbalar debajo de unas piernas! Fue un tiempo muy divertido...

My grandpa, my grandma's cousin and my grandma.

My aunt Yolanda, my aunt Julie and my mom.

Me, my cousin and my sister Amie, after laser tag.

Have you gone on any trips recently? ¿Han ido de viaje recientemente?

Thank you for reading and commenting! ¡Gracias por leer y comentar!
Love,
Perla Sanchez

YouTube Polyvore/ Tumblr/ Instagram/ Pinterest @perlasancheza Twitter If you follow me on twitter, tweet me so I know to follow you back! :D


 

No comments:

Post a Comment