Monday, July 6, 2015

Cancún, Mexico

I love the way the sun looks here, illuminating the palm trees!

Hello lovely readers! A few weeks back I made a post called Motivational Monday where I talked to you about my decision to #bebold this year, what does this have to do with Cancún? Well, everything! Just the day before I got invited to go, I had come to the decision that I wasn’t going to save up money for a new car anymore (sadly my car is a piece of junk...) I was going to use my savings to travel. This decision to use my savings for travel was my bold move. You see, I get terrible travel anxiety but for a few years now I have dreamt of traveling the world. Well, the next day I agreed to go to Cancun and booked my ticket. And I don’t regret it for a second! 
¡Hola queridos lectores! Algunas semanas atrás hice un post titulado Motivational Monday donde les hable sobre mi decision der ser #bebold este año, que tiene que ver esto con Cancún? Bueno, todo! El día antes de que fui invitada para ir, vine a la decisión de que ya no iba a salvar dinero para un nuevo auto (tristemente mi carro es un pedaso de miedra...) iba a usar mis ahorros para viajar. Esta decisión de usar mis ahorros para viajar fue mi decisión atrevida o #bebold. Porque tengo terrible ansiedad de viajar pero por unos años ya, he soñado de viajar por el mundo. El próximo día acepte ir a Cancún y compre mi boleto. ¡Y no lo lamento por un momento!

The Resort

Looking at this picture I miss the hot sun already!

I had to take a picture of this when I saw it, I just thought the view was beautiful.
 As soon as we walked out of the airport in Cancún, MX, we were hit by the hot air! The resort we stayed at was beautiful with multiple pools, needless to say we spent most of our time lounging by them and in them! It was so wonderful to have a couple of days to just relax and enjoy the hot climate. Especially because the week before I had started feeling burnout from work. A few days in the pools and beaches definitely recharged me!

En cuando salimos del aeropuerto en Cancún, MX, ¡chocamos con el aire caliente! El resort en donde nos quedamos era muy bonito y tenía muchas albercas, ¡va sin decir que pasamos casi todo el tiempo descansando afuera de ellos y dentro de ellos! Fue tan maravilloso tener unos días para relajar y gozar del clima caliente. Especialmente porque la semana pasada habia estado agotada por el trabajo.  ¡Unos días en las albercas y en las playas definitivamente me hicieron recargar me!

The Beaches of Cancún

Look at that water! It's so clear you can see the seaweed!
One day we just walked a long the beach and it is one of my favorite moments spent there.

Have you ever heard the quote “the pacific has no memory?” It is from the movie Shankshaw Redemption and it is exactly how I felt on the beaches of Cancún. Feeling the hot sand under my feet and hearing the clear blue waves crash on the shores, I felt cleansed, my own sort of redemption. I felt anything was possible.

Has oído el dicho “el pacífico no tiene memoria?” Es de la película Shanksaw Redemption y es exactamente como me sentí en las playas de Cancún. Sintiendo la arena caliente debajo de mis pies y oyendo las olas de agua azul clara chocando en la costa, sentía que estaba siendo limpiada, mi propia redención. Sentí que todo era posible.


More beautiful shore line! I loved stepping on  the seaweed, lol!

Selfies on the beach!
We all immediately noticed how fine and thin the sand was! Like masa or dough, I just wanted to bury myself in it! It was so beautiful, I wish I could give the beaches of Cancún more justice but the only word I can think of to describe what it's like to stand on such fine sand and in clear blue water is magical. I couldn’t stop smiling!

Todos inmediatamente notamos ¡que fina y delgada estaba la arena! Como masa o dough, ¡me quiera enterrar en ella! Era tan bello, si solo pudiera darle justicia a las playas de Cancún, pero la única palabra que tengo para describir cómo fue parar en la arena tan fina y ver la agua, azul clara es mágico. ¡No pude parar de sonreír!

My first day on the beach!

I had to buy a cococut to get the true experience of lounging on the beach!

Xocimilco Park & Boat Trip

The boats were lit up and looked so beautiful!

On the boat we passed other trajineras with their guests!
On one of our nights, we got to experience a boat ride of Mexican tradition called a trajinera, at the park Xocilmilco. At this park they have reproduced the canals and boats that you would see in Mexico City. The tickets for the boat ride included dinner, drinks and live music! We got to listen to Banda, Ranchera, Mariachi and other traditional music that I can’t remember the name of! We got to learn more about Mexican food and dance on the boat too!

En una de nuestras noches, tuvimos la experiencia de andar en un barco de tradición Mexicana llamada trajinera, en el parque Xocilmilco. En este parque han reproducido los canales y barcos que se ven en la ciudad de México. Los boletos para el barco incluye la cena, bebidas ¡y música en viva! Escuchamos Banda, Ranchera, Mariachi y otros tipos de música tradicional ¡pero no me puedo recordar de los nombres! También aprendimos más sobre comida Mexicana ¡y bailamos en el barco!


A Mariachi band playing music!

We grabed some soup before getting on the boat and put the seasoning we wanted.

Getting ready before the boat ride!
It was so wonderful to be on a lit up boat and see the night sky above. It was another magical moment, and it instilled in me even more the desire to travel! I want more nights like this one, with good food and good company!

Era tan maravilloso estar en un barco iluminado y ver el cielo nocturno. Fue otro momento mágico ¡y me entro mas el deseo de viajar! Quiero más noches como esta, ¡con buena comida y buena compañía!

Isla Mujeres 


On our way to board the boat to the island.

Look at that water! I just want to jump in!
Another amazing experience was visiting the island, Isla Mujeres. It was so beautiful and relaxing. You could lay in a hammock with a view of the ocean or do a different activity. We did one of the activities which was snorkeling! I wish I had an underwater camera! But at the same time I’m glad I could just enjoy the sights of fish and ocean. Afterwards we came back to the island and had lunch before heading to the aquarium. They had a lot of different types of turtles and even sharks!

Otra experiencia extraordinaria fue visitando la isla, Isla Mujeres. Era tan bello y relajante. Podrías acostarte en una hamaca con la vista al océano o hacer otra actividad. Una de las actividades que hicimos ¡fue el esnórquel! ¡Me hubiera haber gustado tener una cámara que se usa en el agua! Pero a la vez estoy feliz que pude disfrutar de ver los pescados y el océano. Despues nos regresaron a la isla y comimos el almuerzo antes de ir al acuario. ¡Tenían muchos especies de tortugas y hasta tiburones!


Once on the island their were different activities like sports.

On our way to the aquarium.

Awww! Cute turtles!

Ahhh! Shark!

Behind the aquarium there was beautiful views!

Traditional Dances


We got to see dances from different parts of Mexico!

I love the way the dresses look in this picture!

The Mariachi band gave us an on encore in the lobby!

On our last night in Cancún we got to watch traditional Mexican dances and hear more Mariachi music. All the dancers looked really beautiful! I loved taking pictures of them, I just wish I had been sitting closer to get better pictures. Movement shows up so beautifully in pictures if you click at the exact time.

En nuestra última noche en Cancún miramos bailes tradicionales de México y escuchamos más música de Mariachi. ¡Todos los bailarines se miraban bellisimos! Me encanta tomar les fotos, me gustaria haber podido sentarme más cercano para tomar mejores fotos. El movimiento sale tan hermoso en fotos si lo tomas en el momento correcto.

Have you travelled and had a magical experience? ¿Has viajado alguna vez y tenido una experiencia mágica?

Thank you for reading and commenting! ¡Gracias por leer y comentar!
Love,
Perla Sanchez

My newest YouTube video!
My latest Vlog!

No comments:

Post a Comment