Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pinto Lake Park Altar

A wide picture of the altar.
Hello everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve put up a new post but finally I’ll be posting regularly again. In today’s post I’ll be sharing with you a few images from my photography portfolio. I took a photography class this semester and for my final project I chose to photograph a local alter in a park, where a women had visions of La Virgen de Guadalupe. Well I hope you enjoy the pictures!

¡Hola! Ha sido mucho tiempo desde que hice un nuevo post pero finalmente voy a tener posts mas regulares. En el post de hoy, voy a compartir con ustedes unas imagenes de mi portafolio fotográfico. Tome una clase de fotografía este semestre y para mi proyecto final escogí fotografiar un altar local en un parque, donde un mujer tuvo visiones de La Virgen de Guadalupe. ¡Ojala disfruten de los fotos!

Versions of Mary
Mix media forms can be seen in this picture like flowers, flags, xmas decorations etc.

I have always admired altars, to me they are art because of the thought and care they require. I love how altars are a combination of different media like flowers, photographs, candles, toys and food. Although altars are made for the dead or sick, when I look at them I not only think of death but of life. Altars have a life of their own in a way, as if the people who took the time to care and built them give them life.

Siempre he admirado los altares, para mi son como arte porque necesitan atención y cuidado. Me encanta como altars son una combinación de diferentes objetos como flores, fotografías, velas, juguetes y comida. Aunque los altares son hechos para los muertos o enfermos, cuando yo los veo no solo pienso en la muerte sino en la vida. Altares en una manera tienen su propia vida, como si la gente que tomó el tiempo para cuidarlos y hacer los, les dieran vida. 

Was she a mother?

This image really spoke to me. I wondered who the people in the picture were, especially the woman. Was she a mother? It also made me wonder where they are now and if they were happy. 

Esta imagen me conmovió mucho. Me pregunté quién fueron las personas en el foto, especialmente la mujer. ¿Era una mama? También me hizo preguntar dónde están ahora y si están felices.

A glimpse of life in the fields.

This picture is very emotional for me too because my grandparents were field workers. When I look at this picture I imagine what it must have been like to do hard labor day in and day out. Could I have done that?

Esta foto fue muy emocional para mi tambien, porque mis abuelos fueron trabajadores del campo. Cuando veo esta foto me imagino cómo fue trabajar tan duro dia tras dia. ¿Lo pudiera ver hecho yo?

Farewell

I love how this picture has such a relaxing heavenly feel. Although, the other pictures raise difficult questions, I feel this picture sends you off peacefully.

Me encanta como este foto tiene sentido relajante y celestial. Aunque, los otros fotos alzan preguntas difíciles, siento que este foto los deja en calma.

Have you ever seen an altar? How do they make you feel?
¿Hace visto un altar? ¿Como te hacen sentir?

Love,


Perla Sanchez


2 comments:

  1. My new blog is www.gulsahworld.com. I will be happy if you subscribe to my blog .Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siempre he admirado los altares, para mi son como arte porque necesitan atención y cuidado. Me encanta como altars son una combinación de diferentes objetos como flores, fotografías, velas, juguetes y comida. Aunque los altares son hechos para los muertos o enfermos, cuando yo los veo no solo pienso en la muerte sino en la vida. Altares en una manera tienen su propia vida, como si la gente que tomó el tiempo para cuidarlos y hacer los, les dieran vida. lawn cotton suits , pakistani lawn suits for sale , pakistani lawn suits online shopping , lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits price , pakistani lawn dress , pakistani cotton suits , designer lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits wholesale , lawn suits sale

    ReplyDelete